Apple has released iOS 6 ipsw download for iPhone 4S , iPhone 4 , iPhone 3GS , iPod Touch 4 and iPad . iOS 6 gets new features like 3D maps , voice guided navigation , better Siri and much more . Read the complete list of features here . But before anything else , backup your iPhone first . Note : If you cannot see the update on your phone , wait for some time before it appears for your region .
How to Download iOS 6 on your iPhone :
There are three different ways of downloading and iOS firmware update . The methods for downloading are explained below .
- IPSW file download
- iTunes Download
- OTA – Over The Air update method (requires WiFi)
Method 1 : iOS 6 IPSW File Download
- On your computer , download the raw firmware file in .ipsw format .
- Launch iTunes and connect your device with the USB cable
- Now select your device in the left hand corner and press SHIFT + Update button on iTunes
- Browse to the iOS 6 ipsw file downloaded in Step 1
- Itunes will now upgrade your iPhone’s firmware to new iOS 6
Download Links :
- iPhone 5 GSM
- iPhone 5 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4 (3,2)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3 LTE GSM
- iPad 3 LTE CDMA
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 3G GSM
- iPad 2 3G CDMA
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 (2,4)
- iPod touch 4th gen
- iPod touch 5th gen
Method 2 : iTunes Download
In this method you directly download using Itunes without the ipsw files . Itunes detects your device and downloads the correct file . For this you have to follow the below mentioned processes .
- Launch iTunes and connect your device to the computer .
- Select your device in the left hand panel
- How on top navigation bar select Help > Check for Updates
- Itunes will connect to Apple Servers and download the file .
Method 3 : OTA – Over The Air Update
This is the fastest way to download any iOS update . Apple introduced this feature in iOS 5 .It downloads only the required updated file and hence smaller than large ipsw files . It Requires No Computer to install iOS 6 via OTA method .
- Go to home-screen and Settings > General > Software update
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet via WiFi
- It will check for the latest update and show you when a download is available .
- The download will begin once initiated and the device will restart for the changes to take effect .
Also Read : How to Jailbreak iOS 6Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish