Apple has seeded iOS 6 beta 2 for developers . This time the update is available on OTA or Over the Air update . Those running iOS 5 firmware and later can access OTA updates via Settings > General > Software Update . You will be given the option to download the firmware directly on your device as shown in the image below . Then using your home wi-fi you can download and install the iOS 6 beta files without needing a computer or iTunes .
iOS 6 Beta 2 Features :
- Toggle that allows you to disable the Shared Photo Streams feature
- New Twitter icon
- TweetSheet inside Siri’s has been redesigned
- Reading List items for offline reading has been moved to the cellular settings page under iCloud Documents and Reading List toggles
- The 3D Maps app no longer confuses Greenland for the Indian Ocean and other mapping errors . Zoom out in the Maps app like Google Earth
- Calendar Notifications now show the date and ending time
- Guided Access feature is working in iOS 6 beta 2
- Take a screenshot using Assistive Touch feature
- FaceTime over Cellular toggle enabled
- Passbook interface updated for storing different passwords for your iOS device
- “Do not Disturb” toggle, iOS indicates that the feature is activated with a moon logo in the status bar
iOS 6 beta is available for the following devices and the download size depends on each separate build . Make sure you backup your data and settings via iTunes before doing any update. Alternatively you can use iCloud for an online backup . Follow our blog for iOS 6 jailbreak tutorial using Redsn0w.
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPod Touch 4
How to Download iOS 6 Beta 2
Please note that this is a developers release and not available to general public. You need to register an account with Apple Dev Center by paying $99 . This allows you access to all the beta releases and take part in Apple’s app Store program for developers where they create/test/sell app for iPhone’s and iPod Touch’es . You can register and attach 100 devices to this account to use all the developer level features long before the general public gets to see it .
Some of you can even buy an account and share the cost by adding others devices with your dev account . Beta iOS releases are usually the firmware versions which needs further testing for its stability , performance and bugs that may exist . Developers find and report these problems for the Apple Engineers to fix before being released .
You can subscribe to our Free Newsletter to get these updates via email or on Facebook .