Apple has seeded iOS 5.0.1 ipsw for all users . iOS 5.0.1 ipsw is available for download on the following devices . iPhone 4S , iPhone 4 , iPhone 3GS , iPad 1 and iPad 2 , iPod Touch 4 , iPod Touch 3G .
iOS 5.0.1 Firmware Features :
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Add multi-tasking gestures on iPad
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users
- Resolves bugs with documents in Cloud
How to download and install iOS 5.0.1 Firmware :
There are three ways to download and install iOS 5.0.1 . These methods are explained below with step by step process .
- Method 1 : Launch iTunes and go to Help > Check for Updates . Make sure your device is connected with the USB cable . See the image below
- Method 2 : If your device is already running iOS 5 , you can go to Settings > general > Software Update . Your device will now check for available updates on Apple Server through your home WiFi . This is a preferred method of upgrading your device as the download size is very small . For iOS 5.0.1 the update is merely 45 MB where as for Method 1 and Method 3 , the entire ipsw file of size over 650MB is downloaded for installation .
- Method 3 : Direct download the iOS 5.0.1 ipsw file on your computer and use SHIFT + Update method to install the firmware files on your device . The ipsw files can later be used for jailbreaking using Redsnow and Snowbreeze . Here are the direct download links for iOS 5.0.1 ipsw .
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4
Stay tuned as we bring you the tutorials to jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 firmware using Snowbreeze [Windows] and Redsn0w [Mac] .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish