Google Chrome browser is now available for download on iPhone officially . Available in App Store , you can download Chrome browser on your iOS device . If you are jailbroken , you can also set the default browser to Chrome by replacing Mobile Safari . We tested Chrome on iPhone and iPod and the performance was quite fast . You can open unlimited tabs unlike the restriction of 8 tabs on mobile Safari . Although its Google’s first attempt of Chrome on iOS , they have to do even better to beat the speed and ease of use that Apple has mastered on Mobile Safari all these years . If you are looking for the ultimate Safari alternative for iOS , Google Chrome is here .
Google Chrome for iOS Features :
There are not many features on Chrome that sets it apart from the already available stock of mobile browsers . Google has kept it fairly simple and put attention to speed and easy to use interface as it has done on the computer , making it the No #1 internet browser in the world beating long time winner Mozilla Firefox . Firefox is not violable on iOS yet , but after this launch we expect them to start thinking on this .
- Login in Chrome on your iPhone to bring all open tabs on your computer to your mobile . Also sync your settings and personalize it for your ease
- Open and quickly switch between an unlimited number of tabs
- Send pages from Chrome on your computer to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and read them offline
- Built in Voice Search allows you to perform voice searches directly in the browser using Google Chrome
- Most Visited websites like the Speed Dial for desktop version of the browser
- Predictive Text when searching or entering web url
Download Google Chrome for iOS :
Here is the link to download Chrome from AppStore . You can launch AppStore app on your iOS device and search “Google Chrome” and install it . iTunes Link .
How to Setup Chrome as Default Browser on iPhone :
- First jailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia . All jailbreak tutorials here .
- On Cydia add the following source rpetri.ch/repo by going to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add
- Now search and install BrowserChooser tweak
- This add a tab under Settings > BrowserChooser that allows you to select your default browser whenever you click a link on emails , text messages etc .
- You can install and then select any of the available browsers on AppStore like recently added Chrome, Opera Mini, iCab Mobile, Dolphin Browser and Atomic Browser.
Let us know your views about the new Chrome Browser for iOS . Use the comment box below . Stay tuned to get more updates via Email. Subscribe to our Free Newsletter .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish