For the past few days i was unable to make any update on this site due to some server migration work . As our site is growing in popularity among Iphone users all over the world , we need to serve them updated content on time without being bogged down due to huge traffic. Here is a tutorial that will help you do the downgrade on your iPhone using SHSH Blobs .
Steps to Downgrade Iphone iOS 4.0.2 to iOS 4.0.1 :
Despite my warning , many iphone users upgraded their iDevice to latest version iOS 4.0.2 . This can be bacause they were confused or have itchy fingers . Anyways , my job is to come to your rescue and here is the tutorial to go back to older iOS firmware.
** Pre-requistes : You must have saved SHSH Blobs for your older firmware iOS 4.0.1 for this method to work.
Phase 1 :
- Download TinyUmbrella and iOS 4.0.1 Firmware . Follow the Download Page here
- Put your iPhone in DFU Mode
- Now run TinyUmbrella in your MAC or PC and click the “Display SHSH” tab . This is to confirm the downloaded SHSH blobs are now cached by TinyUmbrella application for iOS 4.0.1 or earlier iOS version. If you already have them in your system , just drag & drop the SHSH blobs in the TinyUmbrella window and click the “Display SHSH blobs” button to proceed.
- Now click the “Start TSS Server” tab.
Phase 2 : Restoring iOS Firmware
- Open iTunes
- Hold down the Shift key in Windows or Alt key in Mac and press the “Restore” button.
- Select the downloaded firmware from Phase 1 and allow the restore to be processed.
** Note : You may get Error 1015, 1013 or 1011 message in iTune’s. This is normal and nothing to be worried about. Now you have successfully downgraded your iPhone from iOS 4.0.2 firmware.
Please let me know how this method worked out for you through your comments below. Remember to Subscribe to our Jailbreak Alerts for Free Tutorials and updates.
Update : Getting out of Recovery
To get out of recovery mode , click on “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button on TinyUmbrella right below the Start TSS Server button. If the Kick Device Button is Disabled , you can reconnect the device and use RecBoot to kick out of recovery mode.
** Tip : For More updates on this topic , subscribe to our email updates or join our facebook fan page.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish