Downgrading iPhone 4S from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.1 or iOS 5.0.1 is easy with new Redsnow 0.9.11beta . Follow the steps below to downgrade your iPhone 4S , iPad 2 to older firmware. Make sure you have the required SHSH blobs saved for your previous firmware to which you want to downgrade . SHSH Blogs can be saved using TinyUmbrella or iSHSHit cydia app .
Steps to downgrade iPhone 4S iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1 – iOS 5.1 :
- First download Redsnow 0.9.11beta software for your Windows or Mac OS
- Go to Extras > Even More > Restore
- Click on iPSW button to select the ipsw file to which you want to downgrade . All recent iOS 5.x.x .ipsw download links are at the bottom of this article
- After selecting the required .ipsw file you have to select iOS 5.1.1 ipsw
- Your device will enter Recovery mode. Click ‘Ok’ to continue
- Now you need to choose blobs to restore. You can choose between local blobs or remote blobs . If you have saved using TinyUmbrella , use Remote Blobs options
- Redsn0w will begin the restore process. Wait for the process to complete . Redsnow will give a success message at the end of the process .
See the Downgrade Video Tutorial below : YouTube Video
Fore more iPhone Tutorials and Tips , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter . Read by over 33,000 readers daily ( statistics – May 2012 ) .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish