If you have recently upgraded to iOS 6 firmware and want to downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1 , here is the step by step tutorial to do the same . The downgrade tutorial works for iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 6 beta firmware .
Steps to Downgrade iPhone from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 :
- Turn off your device and connect it with your computer
- Launch iTunes
- Put your device in DFU mode as shown here . DFU method works on iPhone , iPod and iPad
- iTunes should now detect your device in Recovery Mode
- Click on the Restore button . Alternatively you can use SHIFT + Restore method and update with your custom 5.1.1 ipsw file
- If you face any problem during restore like Error 3194 , then you probably have Apple’s Update Servers removed from your hosts file. This error is common for people who jailbroke their iOS device at some point . Remove any blocks to Apple’s servers from hosts and try again all the steps as explained above . To locate the host file , see Step 4 here .
To get more updates , Subscribe to our Free Newsletter . Get 24×7 Support in the Jailbreak Forum .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish