Downgrading from iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.3.3 or later is easier compared to other downgrades as you don’t require TinyUmbrella for doing it . If you have upgraded to iOS 5 beta (following our iOS 5 upgrade tutorial) this downgrade method should come in handy . Please note that once you have the iOS 5 public release , downgrade may not be possible as TinyUmbrella Restore method (using SHSH Blobs ) ceases to function on iOS 5 .
Steps to Downgrade from iOS 5 beta to iOS 4.3.3 :
- Download iOS 4.3.3 ipsw files from Apple Servers . [links below]
- Sync your device with iTunes before you proceed to next step
- In iTunes go to Summary Tab for your device
- Click on Shift + Restore button as shown below and select the iOS 4.3.3 ipsw file
- The restore process will now begin
- After the process is complete , resync with iTunes to get back your old data [contacts , pictures , apps etc].
Please share with Google +1 .