Follow the steps mentioned below to Downgrade iOS 5 beta 7 to iOS 4.3.3 firmware on your iPhone 4 .
Important Prerequisite – Need to have shsh blobs for 4.3.3 saved before trying out this downgraded tutorial .
- Connect your device to PC & open TinyUmbrella. (Fetch your available blobs)
- Start TSS server. TSS server might not start & give error as “inetinfo.exe” is running. Just kill the process using Task Manager & click Start TSS Server immediately.
- Put device into DFU mode (by following procedure). iTunes will open up & will show your device in recovery mode.
- Start restoring your device to 4.3.3 using shift + restore method.
- When restore is about to complete , iTunes will give some error and will say cannot restore your device. Please ignore it.
- Your device will go in recovery loop & will show recovery icon on-screen.
- Put your iPhone into DFU mode. Do not close iTunes just yet . Let it run in the background.
- Launch fixrecovery43.exe and wait till it kicks your iPhone 4 out of recovery mode loop.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection because fix recovery will need to fetch DFU and firmware image from Apple servers.
- The entire procedure will take 5 to 10 mins approximate.
- The device will come out of recovery mode & will boot normally. Activate it with proper SIM on iTunes & you are on 4.3.3.
- You can close all other applications (like TinyUmbrella etc.) , if any running at this stage
This article is contributed by our reader Girish . You can also make your contribution and submit it via our Contact Page .