You can downgrade your iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 4.3.3 using the method explained below . After downgrading to iOS 4.3.3 you will be able to use the 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak using Redsnow , PwnageTool , JailbreakMe or Snowbreeze .
Note : iOS 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs required . SHSH Blobs can be saved using TinyUmbrella or iSHSHit tool available on Cydia for Free . iPhone Baseband is not downgraded during this process .
Steps to Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 4.3.3 :
- Download iOS 4.3.3 ipsw
- Now go to the following directory on your PC c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and locate the file “hosts” . Mac users go to Folder and type /etc/
- Open “hosts” file in notepad/text editor in Administrator mode and delete any line containing xx.xx.xx.gs.apple.com as shown in the image below .
- Now put your device in Pwned DFU mode using Redsnow . For doing this launch Redsn0w and go to Extras > Pwned DFU .
- Download TinyUmbrella and launch it . Click on “Start TSS Server” .
- Open iTunes . It should detect your iPhone in Recovery Mode . Press SHIFT + Restore . Browse and select the 4.3.3 firmware downloaded in Step 1
- If your receive iTunes error “iPhone could not be restored . An unknown error occurred Error 1” . Go to Step 8 else skip to Step 9
- Close iTunes and launch TinyUmbrella . Click on the Advance tab . Uncheck “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit” . Launch Redsnow and go to Extras > Recovery Fix .
- Now exit from Tinyumbrella and launch Redsnow . Go to Extras > Just Boot . Your device will now reboot .
- You will see the pineapple logo now and your device will be downgraded to iOS 4.3.3 firmware .
- Your device will now show “Connect to iTunes” screen . Launch iTunes and activate your phone .
To get more information nd updates about iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 un-tethered jailbreak, Subscribe to our Blog Newsletter below . Also Join us on Google+ and Facebook .
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish