A little while ago, iOS 6.1.3 was publicly released with the result that is shut down the untethered evasi0n jailbreak for anyone who inadvertently upgraded their firmware. If you have an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or an iPod Touch 4th Generation you will be able to use Redsn0w to downgrade your firmware back to 6.1.2 and then jailbreak your device again with evasi0n.
If you want to use this method you must have saved your SHSH blobs before upgrading. Without them you will not be able to carry out this procedure.
- Download the most recent version of Redsn0w
- If you wish to preserve your baseband unlock you must use an older version of sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to create a custom IPSW. When you have downloaded one of these programs, open it up, select Extras > Custom IPSW and the program will make one for you. This is only for iPhone users, not for those on the iPad or iPod.
- When you have done this, open up the version of redsn0w you downloaded in step 1. Select Extras > SHSH blobs > Stitch.
- You will now need to point to an IPSW – choose either the iOS 6.1.3 IPSW, or the custom one made earlier.
- Select Local and find your SHSH blobs. Again, choose either the ones you save yourself or choose Cydia as they will have saved them as well.
- Now, redsn0w will get to work on creating your new custom IPSW which will be saved to your desktop.
- When the IPSW has been created your device must be placed into Pwned DFU mode. On the redsn0w screen select Extras > Pwned DFU and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- When your device has successfully entered DFU you can launch iTunes. Hold down the shift key and click on restore simultaneously. If you are using a Mac you will need to hold down the option key instead of shift.
- Pick the correct IPSW and iTunes will commence restoring your device to 6.1.2.
- Now your device is running on iOS 6.1.2 you can re-jailbreak it using Evasion . You can find out tutorials for doing so here.
|Share on Facebook|| |
Edited and Published by Sourish