You can downgrade the firmware on your iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS 5.1 till Apple is signing the older firmware for your phone .
Note : iPhone 4S , iPad 2 and iPad 3 cannot be downgraded following this method . Works only to downgrade iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1st generation , iPod Touch 4 and iPod Touch 3G .
- Redsnow Latest Version
- APTicket + saved SHSH blobs for the iOS 5.1 , 5.0.1 or iOS 5.0 firmware
- A Computer running MAC or Widows
- iOS 5.0.1 ipsw (as required for downgrading your device)
- iOS 5.1 ipsw ( ” )
- iOS 5.0 ipsw ( ” )
Redsnow Downgrade Method :
- Download latest version of Redsnow for your computer running Mac or Windows OS
- Use iTunes and backup all your device content in case you have some important data ( iTunes > Select device on left panel > Summary > Backup)
- After the backup is complete launch Redsnow and go to Extras > SHSH blobs > Stitch (as shown in the image below)
- click on the IPSW button and browse to the .ipsw file to which you want to downgrade your device . All download Links for iOS firmware above under Requirements header .
- Now click on “Local” button point Redsn0w to the .plist file containing the SHSH blobs and APTicket, if stored locally on your computer . If these files are stored in Cydia , the option will be greyed out but will become available when the device is in DFU mode.
- Put your device in DFU Mode (explained)
- Use Redsnow to further put your device on Pwned DFU Mode. On Redsn0w main screen click on Extras > Pwned DFU and follow the on screen instructions.
- Edits hosts file to change the address of Apple servers . For that head over to Windows > System 32 > drivers > etc . Mac OSX users go to etc. Use a text editor to add the following line at the end of the hostsfile : 22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com as shown in the image below
- Now launch iTunes and hold down the SHIFT key (on Windows) or the ALT key (if you’re on Mac) and click on the Restore button on iTunes . Select the stitched IPSW file and restore .
Use the Google Share button below to recommend this post to your friends .