iPhone 4 4.3.5 can be downgraded if you have saved the SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella or iSHSHit . Follow the downgrade tutorial below for detailed downgrading process .
Steps to Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and later :
- Download 4.3.3 ipsw files or later ipsw firmware for which you have the saved shsh blobs
- Connect your iPhone 4 with the computer via USB and turn Off .
- Put your device in DFU mode .
- To enter DFU Mode press and Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds . After 10 seconds release the Power Button and keep holding the home button. Follow the image below
- Now navigate to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and find the file named “hosts” . Mac users can go to folder and type in /etc/ . now locate hosts file there .
- Windows users open the file in Notepad in Administrator Mode and Mac users use TextEditor and edit the last line of the file and replace it with 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com as shown here . This will make iTunes into thinking that they are connecting to Apple Servers , but actually they are connecting to Saurik’s server where you have earlier your SHSH Blobs saved .
- Launch iTunes . Itunes will detect your device and ask it to restore . Press and hold SHIFT key on your keyboard and click RESTORE on iTunes window as shown here .
- If you see Error 1013 on iTunes , just ignore it and go ahead with the restore process .
- After the restore is complete , Download TinyUmbrella and select “Exit Recovery” to bring back your iphone 4 in normal mode .
Note : Dont forget to remove the line added in the hosts file .
After downgrading to 4.3.3 , you can now jailbreak untethered on 4.3.3 . Please Share and give us a Google +1 .