One of our readers Timothy asked in the Jailbreak Forum , How to Change Skull Logo after Greenpoison Jailbreak for their iPod Touch 4 ? The Greenpoison skull logo which appears while booting your iDevice after being jailbroken with Greenpoison RC5 on 4.2.1 may be off taste for some users . In the tutorial below I will explain how you can change the custom boot logo with one of yours or simply revert back to default Apple Boot Logo .
Greenpoison jailbreak on iPhone 4 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak offers boot logo customization . There are two methods to do it , which are explained in details below .
Method 1 :
- Jailbreak you device with Greenpoison RC5 and install Cydia .
- Launch Cydia and search for Apple Boot Logo from ModMyi repository as shown in the image below
- Tap to download package and install on your device. Reboot for the changes to take place.
- Now goto settings and change the boot logo to your proffered one . Reboot again .
Method 2 :
After Greenpoison RC5 Jailbreak on your device you can SSH into your device and change the Grey Skull logo to the default Apple Boot Logo simply by changing files. This is a manual process and not recommended for inexperienced users .
Steps to change Iphone 4 Boot Logo – SSH Method :
- Jailbreak your device with Greenpoison on iOS 4.2.1
- Download the following file [animate]
- SSH in your device using WinScp [Windows] or CyberDuck [Mac] . Read How-to SSH into iPhone 4.
- Navigate to the following directory /usr/bin/ and copy the downloaded file
- Now change the file permission to 755
- Reboot for the changes to take place
For more tips and tricks in your inbox , Subscribe to our email . Follow us on Facebook for latest updates .Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish