This tutorial will explain how you can update your device to baseband 06.15.00 using RedSn0w on Windows. For Mac users , you can use Pwnage Tool to upgrade to 06.15.00 baseband.
Please Read the risk factors associated with upgrading to baseband 06.15.00 here before your proceed. Once upgraded to the current baseband , you cannot revert to previous baseband by any means .
Step-by-Step Guide to Upgrade Baseband 06.15.00 :
- Download iOS 4.2.1 .ipsw files for your iphone 3GS 3G
- Download and install latest version of iTunes 10.1 on your computer . Update your device to iOS 4.2.1 downloaded in Step 1
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.6 beta 5 from our download page .
- Now launch RedSnow 0.9.6 and browse the ios 4.2.1 .ipsw file you just downloaded .
- Next step is where RedSn0w identifies the .ipsw and prepares for jailbreaking your device.
- Now you will be shown the screen where you have to make choices . Select “Install Cydia” & “Install Ipad Baseband” [image below]
- From here , the tutorial is same as earlier RedSn0w Tool . Follow Steps 6 to 8 in this RedSn0w iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak Tutorial to complete the process.
After your device has been upgraded to baseband 06.15.00 , you can proceed with UltraSnow 1.2 Unlock for your Iphone .
To get more tips and updates , Follow us on Facebook or Subscribe to our Mailing List for Daily Updates via Email.Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish