Here is the tutorial to jailbreak iPhone 4 using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 for iOS 5.1 using custom firmware that can also preserve baseband for Ultrasn0w and Gevey Sim users , hence unlocking their iPhone 4 (on supported basebands) . The 5.1 jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2 is tethered which means you will need iBooty to turn ON your phone every time you turn it off . Snowbreeze is available only for Windows users .
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 using Sn0wbreeze :
- Download iOS 5.1 ipsw
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.2
- Launch Snowbreeze and click the blue arrow at the bottom
- Click browse and select the ipsw file downloaded in Step 1
- Snowbreeze will now confirm your selection and validate the 5.1 firmware file for jailbreaking
- Now choose Expert mode to preserve baseband and unlock your iPhone 4 , iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)
- Now select Build iPSW and click on the blue arrow at the bottom
- 5.1 custom firmware is now being created to jailbreak and unlock (on supported basebands) your iPhone 4 . You will see the Done screen when the file creation is complete
- Follow onscreen instructions to put your phone in DFU mode
- Launch iTunes and press SHIFT + Restore button and select the custom firmware created in Step 8
- Now for booting your device in tethered mode use iBooty . This program will be created after successful creating the custom firmware file . Connect your device with the USB cable and click Start button on iBooty .
- (Optional) You can install Semi-tether app for partial booting of your phone in tethered mode without a computer .
Also Read : Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 Jailbreak iOS 5.1Sponsored Links
| || |
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe
Edited and Published by Sourish